We were nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful Erika who runs, one of my favorite blogs, The Farm on the Hill.
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers by bloggers. The goal of the award is to encourage more connection and support within the writing community, as well as assist in discovering up and coming bloggers. The award focuses on bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Though we don’t quite qualify in that regard, we’re happy to participate.
When someone nominates you for the Liebster Award they ask you a series of questions. Here are the questions submitted by Erika.
What originally got you blogging? Like many of my peers, I realized that adulthood didn’t come with a manual. As I wanted to share what I was learning as I learned daily lessons; thus the blog was born.
What do you most enjoy about blogging? I love when bloggers comment and interact. I know we all have busy days, but it’s nice when someone takes the time to share their opinion or experiences.
What is your go to resource to learn more about blogging? I actually go to the WordPress forums whenever I have a blogging question. I usually don’t have too many.
Who or what, is your biggest inspiration in life? I’m inspired by the happiness of others. It may sound or strange…or maybe cliche…either way it’s true. It’s inspiring to know that something I do is helpful to someone else.
Who or What, are you most grateful for? I’m most grateful for my mom. My answer may be a bit hackneyed, but she’s one of the few people in my life that I know will always have my back.
Do you have hopes or aspirations for your blog? I hope the site will blossom into a strong resource for millennials to connect and collaborate. I hope it inspires more millennials to collaborate. Collaboration is quite underrated.
Where is your ideal vacation spot? Tuscany or Le Marche in Italy.
Who would your 5 fantasy dinner party guests be? The love of my life (haha), Shonda Rhimes, the first person to walk the earth, J. K. Rowling, and Malala Yousfazai.
What would you cook for them? I would feed them some good southern cooking. The classic dishes: Macaroni and cheese, greens, chicken, mashed potatoes, yams, fruit salad, sweet potato pie, apple pie, and peach cobbler.
What is your favorite book? This is a tough question for any bookworm. I’m not entirely sure. For the longest it was Daughter of the Sun by Barbara Wood. It’s been years since I’ve read it, so I’m not sure it would still be a favorite if I read it again today.
I’m going to modify this question and say my favorite writer. At the moment that would be Flannery O’Connor. I love her slightly twisted sense of humor.
What is your favorite vegetable? Beets. Most people don’t like how earthy they taste, but I love it.
Nominations were tough because most of our followers have over 200 followers. Here are a few that qualified that stuck out to us. Our nominations are:
- Erin Leigh Ever After | Travel, Food, Literature, Fitness, Lifestyle
- Hello Honey | Inspiration, Food, Lifestyle
- Simone McKenna | Fitness & Health
- Sarr Trek | Fashion, Art, Photography
- Hello Jennifer Helen | Travel, Beauty & Fashion, Literature, Lifestyle
- Accidentally Adulting | Millennial Lifestyle Blog
- Alohalotte | Fashion & Lifestyle
- Little Brantley Abroad | Travel
- Creator & Curator | Film, Music, Inspiration, Literature, Lifestyle
- 825 Experience | Millennials & Marketing
- Leggett Around The World | Travel
If you accept the nomination, these are your given questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could live in any country, where would you live?
- What do you most enjoy writing about on your blog?
- Do you have any aspirations for your blog?
- Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
- What would be your ideal job?
- What advice would your future self give you right now?
- What has been the most challenging part in your blogging journey?
- What’s your favorite 80s or 90s memory?
- What are three things that are must-do’s on your bucket list?
- What future posts can we look forward to on your blog?
Rules of the Liebster Award
- Create a blog post answering the questions above.
- In your post, link back to the person who nominated you.
- After answering my questions, add a section for your nominees.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide them with instructions and give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide them with a link to your post.
- Make sure the Liebster Award is visible somewhere on your blog (in the post, featured image, etc.)
- You can only receive the award 11 times. Once you pass the max please nominate another blogger that you feel deserves the award.
- Similar to Erika’s post, when you’re done feel free to comment below with the link to your post. I too would love to read your answers.
If there’s a blogger you haven’t heard of, take a second to check out those listed above!